Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Slumdog’s Redeemer

I happen to see the movie slumdog millionaire with a dozen and more friends of YST. The story of a slumdog managing to answer every question right…. Of course Yes!! All the reviews I read are true, the movie is indeed mind blowing.

A month back I was watching the video of Steve Job’s commencement speech to the graduates of Stanford University. One of the key points he shared was: connecting the dots. Job talks on how various unpleasant events of his life turned out to be the pivotal moments of transformation, leading him create a revolution through Apple and Pixar.

Correlating the movie and Job’s speech, it’s just a reaffirmation for me that every PAST is an answer for NOW, if not - at least leading to an answer in FUTURE.

The simple fisherman did not know why he had denied Jesus thrice!! But you and I know our first Pope, St. Peter.
The Spanish soldier never desired to end his military career, that too by a cannon ball landing on his legs!! But you and I are so happy for that cannon ball for having given us St. Ignatius of Loyola!!
One of the most intelligent men was blind in mind by his impurity and pride. But today You and I turn to St. Augustine of Hippo for inspiration to break from particular sin or habit.

In my life too, whenever I look back - most of the events of the past, which had no meaning then, gives me a strong sense of purpose for today leading to another answer for tomorrow. For me living in this large piece of slum, by his redemption everything makes sense.

If you are able to look back and connect the dots, then do leave a comment.

The Past is for the Mercy of God – The Present lived by Grace of God – The Future is Divine Providence.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger